Google+

Spam in Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Brian Ginther, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Brian Ginther

Brian Ginther New Member

I'm pretty sure the movie link spam that's going on in the Off Topic Discussion Forums needs to be handled somehow. There's 119 pages of links to torrents and movie downloads, with no actual discussion going on. Just today, 10 pages have been added by a "Jessica Trishy" with 244 messages. I don't know if this is an issue with automated bots, or what, but it'd be impossible to find any kind of actual discussion topic, as it would get lost too quickly in all of the stupid movie posts.
  2. DJ Optik

DJ Optik New Member

The spam is everywhere.
  3. Gary Trotman

Gary Trotman Moderator

This has been going on for months now, Just ban the assholes .
    Obviously they could care less about Red Baron and the fans and possible future players. They are only here using your site to promote their piracy.
    DJ Optik likes this.
  4. DJ Optik

DJ Optik New Member

sign
  5. TXRog

TXRog New Member

"I'm pretty sure the movie link spam that's going on in the Off Topic Discussion Forums needs to be handled somehow. There's 119 pages of links to torrents and movie downloads, with no actual discussion going on. Just today, 10 pages have been added by a "Jessica Trishy" with 244 messages. I don't know if this is an issue with automated bots, or what, but it'd be impossible to find any kind of actual discussion topic, as it would get lost too quickly in all of the stupid movie posts."
    Brian Ginther,Jun 20, 2014

Hello Brian and hope you are well friend.

I couldn't agree with you more. I find this endless "barrage" of asinine and totally unrelated postings by such a-holes (e.g., "manemah") an outright intrusion into this gathering of dedicated enthusiasts of "RED BARON"/"ACE OF ACES."

In fact, I composed and sent a quite lengthy message to Damon several weeks ago about this very topic and never got a response from anyone to show they received it or read it. From this I can only conclude that no one is monitorng this site as I would like to believe these "idjits" would most surely be banned.

~S~
  6. Damon

Damon Developer

I banned dozens of these accounts and deleted thousands of spam posts. I think we need to add better captchas for account registration and/or require users are manually approved.

Damon
  7. TXRog

TXRog New Member

Hello Damon and hope you are doing well and making ever steady progress on the "new and improved 'Red Baron.'"

Thank you very much for responding to this seemingly endless problem here on the "RB" site. I appreciate it and don't think the other diehard fans/pilots who are registered here would mind me saying on their behalf they are grateful too.

I think this would be a great idea - keep this riffraff off and maintain this site for only those of us who are genuinely interested in seeing "RB" return.

Thanks again, friend, and hurry up and get it back up - my "trigger finger" is getting so itchy I can hardly stand it!!

Kind regards,
    TXRog (SQUADRON ONE, "Ace of Aces")
    Nemetos likes this.
  8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Yup, something needs to be done. There are two spam threads in the Red Baron 1990 forum that need to be deleted. Robocallers and spammers.......what a world.
    Nemetos likes this.
  9. Nemetos

Nemetos New Member

Just managed to get logged back on ... and ... from here.. it looks like all the Spammers have gone ! YAY.
    Maybe they joined the Womens Royal Auxillary Balloon Corps ...
    Tally HO !!

~S~
    TXRog likes this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Member

I still see two Nemetos. Both are in the RB 1990 forum, but let me log out and back on again.
  11. Spartan

Spartan Member

Yeah, still there. They are links for Planet of the Apes. (clearly closely related to WWI aviation, right?)
  12. Nemetos

Nemetos New Member

Spartan .. yep.. you're right mate. Just seen em.
  13. Spartan

Spartan Member

They are sneaky scumbags! Interesting avatar you got there Nemetos. I love Celtic designs.
    Nemetos likes this.
  14. Nemetos

Nemetos New Member

Thank you sir ... not by my own hand , but one I've used over the years. ~S~
  15. Nemetos

Nemetos New Member

Looks like the spam has reared its ugly had again .... yikes